Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Check out the lists to the left!

I'm going to keep a running list of what I cover during mini lessons. The most recent mini lesson is at the top. We can add yours to the list too.

I'm also keeping a list of share meeting topics. Remember, most of these are generated by what we observe kids doing during the writing portion of ww. I usually try to circle back to the mini lesson topic for reinforcement, but if a kid makes a writer's move that will help all writers in the class...I want it highlighted right away.

I try to choose topics for the mini lesson and share meeting that teach the WRITER...not specific pieces of writing. That way...the messages carries through time...not just for one piece.

Okay...so I think this blog thing is fun...especially for someone like me who likes to go on and on. Sheryl, your job will be to condense what I say into 6 words or less!

Cheers, Lorrie

No comments:

Post a Comment